Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning

Hubby sent me this link - http://mariovittone.com/2010/05/154/

Please go to the link and read the article. As I was reading this, I remember when Lyle and I were at the kiddie pool at Yishun swimming complex some months ago. He loves the water and could stay for long hours playing in the pool. The kiddie pool is 0.5 meter deep and the water is just below Lyle's waist. We are playing, splashing water and then he walked away to see other kids playing in the pool. While walking, he got off balance and the next thing I saw was he was totally submerged in the water. I stood up and went to check on him and I saw him lying on his back under the water and staring blankly. There's no sound and movement. It was only when I picked him up and hold him tightly that he started to cry. He was scared and terrified. The same feelings for me too, it was so scary and terrifying to see him that way and so helpless. I comforted him and said that everything is okay and then after some minutes he forgot about it and was back again in the pool. And there I am again keeping both my eyes on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails