Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Instant Pasta in Tomato and Tuna Sauce

After work it's very tempting to just buy some take-away food from hawkers or any fastfood. But I can't seem to find any food that I like to eat. I decided to go to shop & save and look for something that I can cook easily. Then I saw prego sauce and remember I still have a can of tuna at home. I bought prego sauce and penne pasta. Here's how I prepared and cooked my instant pasta in tomato and tuna sauce.

Ingredients:
185g can tuna in olive oil, drained keeping the oil
250g pasta, cooked according to package directions (I used penne but you can choose any kind you like)
1 medium sized chopped onion
1 bottle prego sauce (14oz)

Saute the onions using the oil from tuna.
Once the onions soften, you may put the tuna.
Add the prego sauce and let it simmer.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I also added some sugar because I like the sauce to have some sweet taste.
Once you got the taste that you want then your tuna sauce is ready, you may toss it over the pasta and serve it for lunch or dinner.

Preparing and cooking this took me only about 15 - 20mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails