Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sense of Time

clock

I receive a weekly email from BabyCenter.com for my babies' development and here's the mail I got for this week for my 2-year-old son:


Your child is just now beginning to develop a notion of time. She gets
the idea that things happened in the past and will happen in the future, and she
marks the hours according to her daily routine. Hey, it's a start! And while
she's learning this abstract concept, take time to teach her a concrete new
skill:
Hand-washing. Doctors have found
washing hands to be as or more effective than antibacterial sprays — and it
hardly costs a thing.


My mom & I noticed that when Lyle asked to turn on the TV to watch his favorite shows and will tell which show he wants (special agent OSO, Dibo, little einsteins or tigger & pooh) when we turn on the TV he sometimes got it right because the one showed on TV is what he had requested. Now that's sense of time! About hand-washing Lyle already mastered this skill he would get a chair put it near the sink then turn on the faucet and wash his hands. My problem now is how to limit his handwashing because he would always wash his hands to get a chance to play with water. Well that's for another lesson =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails