Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Essential supplies for digital scrapbooking from SimpleScrapper

I subscribed to SimpleScrapper to receive emails about digital scrapbooking. Below is an email I would like to share about the essential supplies for digital scrapbooking.


10 Must-Haves for Digital Scrapbooking

1. Photos that speak to you

Without photos or at least a story in hand, your scrapbook page is simply a collage. Choose to keep your images organized to be able to honor your memories when the inspiration strikes.


2. A great handwriting font

Sometimes I’ll use a classic serif or sans serif font on a digital page, but most of the time I go for the semi-messy look of handwritten journaling. The Fonts for Peas collection from Kevin & Amanda is my go-to source for endless choices in fun, girly handwriting. If you want your own font, however, I will always recommend Darcy Baldwin at the Sweet Shoppe.


3. Neutral textured paper

If you didn’t paper scrapbook before coming to digital, you may not initially appreciate a perfect crisp solid card stock. While there are many options across the community, Katie Pertiet is known for her classic paper collection. 
 
 
4. A classy alpha


Many digital kits come with customized alphas, but they are not always as timeless as say, Thickers are to a paper scrapbooker. Look for simple, neutral alphabets that are easily recolored, like these from Sahlin Studio.
 
 
5. Several fresh but timeless kits


I like to build my stash with colorful, well designed products in a range of themes. While I have many go-to designers, my never-fail sources for freshness are Sweet Shoppe Designs, The Digichick and The Lilypad. Look for funky collections that stretch your imagination as well as timeless basics you can use again and again!
 
 
Click here to go to SimpleScrapper to continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails